Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
🦠 Happy Friday! My whole family seems to have come down with the Flu this week. ‘Tis the season!
YouTube announces its top videos of 2022
The year is coming to a close, and with it will come a wave of end-of-year roundups. You’ve probably already seen your Spotify Wrapped 2022 earlier this week (or the YouTube Music Recap, if that’s your platform of choice), but now YouTube has revealed the top ten trending videos of 2022. There’s actually a nice mix of content, starting with a touching tribute.
- The most watched video of the year was “so long nerds” on Minecraft YouTuber Technoblade’s channel.
- It was posted shortly after he passed away from cancer, and features his father reading out his final message to his fans.
- It’s been watched more than 87 million times since it was posted in July.
- Second was the now-infamous Oscars 2022 moment where Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for insulting his wife.
- It’s been watched 104 million times since it was posted in March.
- Third on the list was “hi, I’m Dream,” where another Minecraft YouTuber revealed his face for the first time.
- I was just posted in October, but has already raked up 47 million views.
- Other notable videos in the top ten were the Superbowl Halftime Show, one of MrBeast’s many stunts, and Jaiden Animation’s “Being not straight” explainer.
YouTube released other lists for Shorts, music, and Creators, too.
Christmas is nearing, and in Japan it’s celebrated a bit differently. After a successful marketing campaign by KFC years ago, fried chicken has become the Christmas meal of choice. Now, Pepsi has announced a special holiday version of its cola that it claims pairs perfectly with fried chicken.
The formula has been changed by adding dietary fiber to break through the oiliness of the chicken, and sweetness has been reduced to enhance the flavor of the chicken. There’s also a hint of lemon to further break down the oil and add a hint of freshness.
Leave a Reply