Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S21 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
All the three Galaxy S21 series phones launched with Android 11 and Samsung’s One UI 3.1 skin on top. Samsung will offer three major Android OS updates to the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra. The company also guarantees four years of security updates for all devices.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra get Android 13? December 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra update
September 29, 2022: Samsung is bringing the October 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S21 series. XDA-Developers reports that the update is rolling out in some regions and bears firmware versions G99xBXXS5CVIF for the global Exynos models. In the United States, it lands with firmware version G99xUSQS5CVI8 for carrier-branded devices and G99xU1UES5CVI8 for you unlocked folks.
Unfortunately, the update looks to only carry the October patch and no other features or upgrades. However, the fact that Samsung is rolling out next month’s patch already is certainly notable.
The update will presumably spread around the world in the coming days. To check if the update is available for your device, head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S21 series updates
- September 7, 2022: Samsung is bringing the September 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S21 series. SammyFans reports that the update is rolling out in Germany and bears firmware versions G991BXXS5CVHI, G996BXXS5CVHI, and G998BXXS5CVHI.
- August 29, 2022: Samsung brought the Galaxy S22’s camera-focused update to the S21 series. Samsung’s Community forums confirmed that the update landed in Korea and Germany with firmware versions G99xNKSU3CVH7 and G99xBXXU5CVH7.
- July 28, 2022: Samsung rolled out the August security patch to the Galaxy S21 series with firmware version G99xBXXU5CVGB.
- May 31, 2022: Samsung rolled out the June 2022 Android security patch to Galaxy S21 devices (per SamMobile). The OTA carries firmware version G998BXXU5CVEB and doesn’t seem to add any other new features to the S21 trio.
- May 2, 2022: Samsung rolled out the May 2022 Android security patch to Galaxy S21 devices (per SamMobile). The OTA comes with firmware version G991BXXU5CVDD and doesn’t seem to bring any new features to the S21 trio.
- April 4, 2022: Samsung sent out the April 2022 Android security patch to Galaxy S21 devices (per SamMobile). The update first appeared in Germany, followed by other regions. It didn’t bring much else other than the security patch and some bug fixes.
- March 16, 2022: Samsung has quietly pushed the One UI 4.1 update to Galaxy S21 series phones in Canada, according to Tizen Help and Samsung Canada Community members.
- February 16, 2022: The Korean brand has reportedly pushed out the February 2022 security update to the Galaxy S21 series. SamMobile reports that the update (firmware version G99xBXXS4BVA8) has hit Egypt and Nigeria for now, but that more countries are expected to get it in the coming days.
- January 6, 2022: Samsung pushed out the January 2022 security update to its current range-topping series. Per SamMobile, the update brought firmware version G99xBXXU4BULF and a few stability improvements.
What Samsung Galaxy S21 update are you running? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve spotted an OTA that we haven’t, tip us!
If you’re looking for another update, be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.