Since 1985 Apogee Electronics has been a leader in digital audio recording technology, and it now announces the release of BOOM. BOOM is a 2×2 USB-C audio interface that runs on macOS, iOS and Windows, and was designed to kickstart any music or content creation project in the studio — or on the go. Whether you’re a musician, podcaster, video producer or live streamer, BOOM will inspire you to take your projects to the next level.
The interface allows users to record, monitor, and mix through class-leading mic preamps and pristine digital conversion. It can capture from any source — be it guitar, keyboard and percussion, or voice and vocals — with Apogee’s legendary sound quality at 24-bit/192kHz resolution. BOOM is the only interface in its class that lets you fine tune your input sources with premium built-in hardware DSP FX.
Being USB-C powered the BOOM can be powered directly via Mac, iPad Pro or Windows laptop, allowing for creativity to take hold anywhere. For almost four decades, Apogee has been perfecting the art of analog recording in a digital world. BOOM continues that legacy by focusing on the details and premium components — allowing projects to stand out from the rest.
- BOOM’s conversion stages employ high-end analog to digital and digital to analog conversion components, not low-end codecs.
- All inputs accept a professional-spec maximum input level of +18dBu, ensuring a pristine audio signal even with the loudest sources.
- Mic preamps offer a class-leading 62 dB of gain, for capturing delicate sources with clarity and powering popular microphones like the Shure SM7B
- BOOM’s zero-ohm headphone output provides an audiophile experience, able to drive even high-impedance “hi-fi” headphones with power, clarity and a perfectly balanced frequency response.
INTUITIVE WORKFLOW TO SHAPE YOUR SOUND
BOOM is the first audio interface in its class to offer on-board hardware DSP. With the Symphony ECS Channel Strip (tuned by legendary mixer, Bob Clearmountain), you can shape and sculpt your input sources with a 3-band EQ, compression, and a drive knob that adds the warmth and grit of analog gear. The ECS Channel Strip is also available as a native plugin from Apogee, so users can add the same character to any track in their mix.
BUILD THE PERFECT STREAM
Create the perfect live streaming production with the on-board Mixer and Loopback mode. This allows users to listen to and monitor their game, Spotify playlist, and chat notifications all at the same time.
START CREATING RIGHT AWAY WITH ABLETON LIVE LITE
Bundled with BOOM is Ableton Live Lite, which is a simple way to write, record, produce, and perform music. It includes essential workflows, instruments, and effects for creating new sounds, recording ideas, performing on stage and much more.
- 1 balanced ¼-inch instrument/line input
- 1 balanced mic/line/instrument Combi input
- 1 ¼-inch Zero ohm Headphone output
- Left/Right ¼-inch balanced speaker outputs
- Built-in hardware DSP with Symphony ECS Channel strip
- PureDIGITAL connection for up to 24-bit/192kHz recording
- Rugged construction with steel casing and rubber pads along the base
- Connect directly to iPad Pro – Control with Apogee Control 2 app.
- Bus Powered with Included USB-C Cable
- Includes Apogee Control 2 software for macOS, iOS and Windows
- Includes Ableton Live Lite DAW (free license and download with registration)
- Works with any audio recording application on macOS, iOS or Windows
- Get 50% off any Apogee plugin or plugin bundle when you register BOOM
PRO-LEVEL PERFORMANCE AT AN ENTRY-LEVEL PRICE
BOOM is available for $299.99 (USD) on September 15, 2022 at Apogee dealers Worldwide.