What you need to know
- Series 12 of the Forza Horizon 5 Festival Playlist is gearing up to kick off later this week.
- On Monday, Playground Games revealed details of what’s to come in the upcoming update.
- Forza Horizon 5 “Horizon Road Trip” will bring five new cars, two new bodykits, hearing aid Vanity Items, and more.
- The Festival Playlist Events will celebrate the different kinds of racing in FH5’s Mexico.
Forza Horizon 5 features a gorgeously rendered version of Mexico, complete with varied biomes and sweeping landscapes. With Series 12 “Horizon Road Trip” of the Festival Playlist, Playground Games wants to celebrate all the different kinds of racing in Forza Horizon 5’s rendition of Mexico, and it’s all starting next week.
On Monday, Playground Games revealed what players can expect from Series 12 of the Forza Horizon 5 Festival Playlist. A patch update will begin rolling out to players on Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022, which includes all of the new features, bug fixes, and improvements to come from Series 12. New cars and customization grab the headlines, but the Festival Playlist will also bring more bug fixes for PC players, audio issues, Weekly Challenge progression, and more.
Here’s a rundown of Forza Horizon 5 Series 12:
- Forza Horizon 5 “Horizon Road Trip.” Series 12 of the Forza Horizon 5 Festival Playlist is a road trip across Mexico, with each Season celebrating a different class of racing.
- Five new cars. Every Festival Playlist update brings new cars to Forza Horizon 5, and Series 12 is no exception. Five additional vehicles are inbound with this release, and three of them are brand-new to Forza. The five cars include:
- 1991 Bentley Turbo R
- 2018 Nissan Sentra NISMO
- 2021 Audi RS 7 Sportback
- 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT
- 2021 Lynk & Co 03+
- New Seasonal Championships. Each Season of Forza Horizon 5 Series 12 will feature a unique five-race Seasonal Championship, as well as a Goliath-type Race Event featuring one extra long race.
- New bodykits. Car customization is hugely important to Forza Horizon 5 players, and this update includes something new. Two new bodykits are being added: one for the 2010 Volkswagen Golf R and one for the 2019 Hyundai Veloster N. While only two are included in this release, Playground Games has promised that more are coming in the future.
- New hearing aid Vanity Items. Forza Horizon 5 is continuing to push inclusivity with its character customization, as hearing aids join the game alongside the existing prosthetic options. Hearing aids will be available as four different models, each in a variety of colors and designs, and can be applied to both or either ears.
- Bug fixes and improvements. As always, the next Forza Horizon 5 Series will be accompanied by a patch update containing fresh bug fixes and improvements. Some of the advertised fixes ahead of the release include:
- Fixing Weekly Challenge progression when Chapters are completed out of order
- Fixing Steam Achievements for two Series 10 Achievements
- Improving low framerates for some PC players using AMD hardware
- Fixing audio cutouts when applying upgrades or tunes to vehicles
- And more
- Series 13 tease. Playground Games didn’t reveal much about the next series of Forza Horizon 5, but we do know that it’ll be related to the highly-anticipated 10-year Anniversary of Forza Horizon. It’s not clear how Playground Games is intending to celebrate, but you can be assured it’ll be big.
Out of all the best racing games on Xbox, the title that most consistently dominates conversations is Forza Horizon 5 from Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios. The latest in a long line of excellent open-world racing games, Forza Horizon 5 is the biggest and most ambitious Playground Games has ever released. With each successive Festival Playlist update, the game gets even better.