Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Anybody can ask a question
Anybody can answer
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top
I want to do nothing on my MacBook except watch pre-downloaded MP4 videos.
How can I make the battery last as long as possible in this situation?
I will of course already:
- screen minimum brightness
- quit every other app except the MP4 player
- play in small window not full-screen
What other secret options or configuration can I take advantage of?
- Engage low power mode
- Putting the video full screen saves the most energy for me for almost all video sources I consume or test
- Disconnect all accessories (or power down radios like WiFi and Bluetooth to ensure no processes start that could be avoided even though the radio transmitter / receiver / amplifier power savings may be marginal )
You must log in to answer this question.
Not the answer you’re looking for? Browse other questions tagged macos macbook-pro monterey .